In Taekwondo, the tenets and oath are very important. They will and must form an integral part of your study and practise of Taekwondo from the very start and during your Taekwondo journey.
TENETS OF TAEKWONDO
- Courtesy (Korean – Ye Ui)
- Integrity (Korean – Yom Chi)
- Perseverance (Korean – In Nae)
- Self-Control (Korean – Guk Gi)
- Indomitable Spirit (Korean – Baekjul Boolgool)
OATH OF TAEKWONDO
- I shall observe the Tenets of Taekwondo
- I shall respect my Instructor and Seniors
- I shall never misuse Taekwondo
- I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
- I shall build a more peaceful world
Please take the time to remember both the tenets and oath. They are very important.